Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Deal Breakers when Dating Online


Dating online is really an art. First let me say that I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. It allows you to swing a wide net, to have an idea of what someone is like before you meet with them, and to see how you blend on important items like wanting kids, smoking, and religious beliefs.

It's very important how you write your online profile. Oddly enough, the number one faux pas seems to be bad grammar and typos.

Another sure looser tactic is to write about what you don't want. Read this and process how you feel (actual profile written by a woman):

Please don't contact me if yu're an addict, a player, or a liar. I've already had too much of that in my life. Also if you can't hold a job or are bankrupt, I don't want to hear from you. And you'd better be willing to be faithful if we get involved. Cheaters have already broken my heart.

I don't know about you, but when I read that I thought, goodness who has this woman been attracting? Why on earth such a litany? Who has she been hanging out with? I think she's got too much baggage to deal with.

Let's just say it raises suspicions about her ability to date intelligently and even to maintain a good relationship.

Even stating the opposite has the same effect, i.e., I want someone who won't lie, won't have affairs on me, and won't beat me.

It's like the "Have you quit beating your wife?"

Let's stay positive when we write our profiles. If you need help writing a good profile, contact me for dating coaching.

No comments: