Monday, August 16, 2010

Being a Beautiful Woman. Good thing or bad thing?

From today's mailbag to the Dating Coach:

Dear Susan Dunn Dating Coach:

I am completely shocked and heart-broken. I dated this guy for over 3 months. He told me I was beautiful .. fantastic ... asked me if I'd been in movies ... said I was the sexiest woman he'd ever been with. Said that men didn't just stare at me, they came right up to me.

Then abruptly he sent me an email breaking it off. Said he wanted to "flatten" the relationship. He's a doctor and I guess that meant "flatline." The whole thing has just made me sick, to have misjudged so much, and I don't want to date again, don't want to put my heart on the line.

Suggestions?

Signed,
Flatlined

Dear Flatlined:

First of all, that's just horrible. I've never heard that term used and it makes me sick to read it. (Were there other clues this guy was a little weird?)

One thing that comes to mind to me here (but I need to talk to you in person) is that this guy was insecure. He mentions other guys coming up to you and how beautiful you are -- either for sure, or to him.

Reminds me of the line, "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a lovely woman your wife."

My bet, and it's just a hunch is that this guy was a 2-time loser (at least) (am I right?) and very very insecure. He was attracted to your beauty, sex appeal, and YOU, and then got himself scared.

How to prevent this? Anticipate it? Call me for coaching and let's process this every step of the way. There is something to be learned here and I want to help.

Sincerely,
The Dating Coach with the Paddles (LOL)

No comments: