Sunday, September 5, 2010

how do you get a man when you're over 60

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO LOOK IN THE HORSE'S MOUTH??

I get asked this a lot, and so I looked on the Internet! Here's an interesting article, and one thing it mentions, in passing, is that "some people" are afraid of the Internet. Please don't be. But wait, let me interject here that I asked for "get" and what I got was "meet." Ah yes, well that's the very first step.

Anyways, if you're not into the Internet and you're of the older generation, that's a great first step for you. There are tons of older men looking for a woman, and you can meet many through the Internet. I am looking for a relationship, I use the Internet and I have never met any but the nicest guys. It's probably because I really know how to filter them. So let me know if you need help on this. There are many listed safety rules, but the first one is -- okay lets use an EQ term -- being able to look in the horse's mouth. Some of the things that help me make the decision of whether to meet a man for coffee or a drinki are:

1. His profile photos - does he look degenerate (if you need that defined, call me)
2. How he makes contact. People who are weird are weird and they don't know it and they can't help being that way, so you'll get it right in your face.
3. Photos they may send. Like I said, I'm big on the Internet, and I just got a friend-request on fb from a guy whose photo was strictly of him in a speedo bikini, and just that area in the photo. That's an immediate delete in my book. Might be your cup of tea. The thing is -- he is putting it right out there. So PAY ATTENTION.
4. Agree to meet somewhere public for the first time. That just makes sense. Drive your own car.
5. Pay attention to early emails. If he says things you don't like, eliminate him. Men tend to put it right out there, as I'm said. If he wants FWB and you're into that, go for it. Just know what you're getting into. If you don't know what that means, call me for coaching.
6. Just observe ordinary safety precautions - meet in a clean, well-lighted place. Take your own car. Have you cell phone handy. If it smells bad, it is, so get up and leave. I've done that. I figured I was just saving us both time.

For more tips on dating after 50, email me at sdunn@susandunn.cc or contract for some coaching. You won't regret it. I'm in this business and I know much older men suffer from being alone. Nobody knows how to meet eligible people, so you be the one who does!

No comments: