Friday, September 12, 2008

How Tidy or Messy is Your Date?


The Dating Coach wants to talk about compatibility today.


Compatibility is what it's all about in looking for a partner you are going to live with, and make a life with. Physical attraction doesn't always go along with this, so be sure and take your time and put on your "thinking cap."


One of the key relationship issues that develops after the 'rush of love' subsides is how you live. We see this in offices as well, between bosses and secretaries, for instance.


When you meet someone, and first go their home and see their car, take a good long look.


From the mailbag:


Dear Dating Coach,


I met this really neat guy. Liked him a whole lot. Went over to his house to watch one of his opera tapes and oh my! His house is immaculate, like nothing on counters, pictures arranged sparsely on bookcase, desk with nothing on it. He doesn't really do anything now he's retired except take walks and trips.


I think if he saw my house he would croak. I work full time, run a home business, have a million interests, chair a board, am always studying something and there are books and files all over. My desk is full. That's because I'm a "visual" filer. I can't put things away and then find them. I've had bosses who could care less, and one who fired me because my desk was messy.
Also I 'live' in my car and it's messy. There's nothing in his.


What do you think the chances are of the two of us together?


Thanks, Sibyll


________________

Well, just reading this, what would YOU say? Could these two find a way to compromise? It's not likely. Could one learn to live with the way the other one does? Does love conquer all?

No comments: